Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Tiruvella

I love the streets of Tiruvella. They're narrow, winding, a little pot-holed. Imperfect. But authentic. My second day here and boredom has begun to seep in. I know practically NO1 at all in Tiruvella. I mean, I have my cousins and uncles and aunts but I have literally NO friends at all here. It's not so bad though. No social obligations. You have your life to yourself. No-one to hurt. No-one to hurt you. And the whole point of coming here was to get away from the mess Pune's become. But I still miss it a little.
Part of me wants to believe that everything would somehow sort itself by the time I get back. That, somehow, my absence would catalyze the arrival to some settlement, some conclusion, some end, whichever end it may be. The other part of me knows that that's just wishful thinking. I have a lot to face when I get back...! Results. People. People.

My grandmother's is so outdated it's not funny. She stills refers to the middle-east as 'Persia'! Persia?? WTF? It's cute though.
I like the way old people speak. It's so childish.

My time's up.

I'll remember this Internet cafe. GMail took less then 2 minutes to load! Quite an achievement in this part of the world!

No comments: